100 years Genetics in Groningen
Tammes conducted genetic research into botany with flax, an important crop at the time in Groningen.
Since then, Groningen has had and still has a thriving genetics community.
We will celebrate 100 years of genetics research and education in Groningen with a one-day symposium at the Zernike Campus, illustrating past, present and future endeavors in genetics.
Huis de Wolf in Haren Biologisch Centrum Haren
Walk-in and welcome with coffee/tea: 10:00 - 10:30
The program is to be further announced, but we will certainly also celebrate the fact that the first female Rector of the University of Groningen is a renowned geneticist.
- Sasha Zhernakova / Human Genome and Exposome / University Medical Center Groningen
- Cisca Wijmenga / Systems Genetics / Rector Magnificus / University of Groningen
- Bregje Wertheim / Genomic basis of evolutionary adaptations & ecological interactions / University of Groningen
- Ana Solopova / Molecular Genetics / APC Microbiome, University College Cork
- Jan Kok / Molecular Genetics / University Groningen
- Danny Incarnato / Molecular Genetics, In vivo RNA structurome / University of Groningen
- Lude Franke / Functional Genomics / University Medical Center Groningen
- Leo Beukeboom / Evolutionary Genetics / University of Groningen
* Registration is free of charge, but mandatory, in order to arrange catering properly, to avoid wastage.